When I was very young, my older step sister played a prank on me where she either used another controller, or had my other step sister with a controller move link around and tell me there was a ghost in the game. I reminisced and wondered if she knew it would spark a life long interest in scary things. When the re-deads would come on screen as she walked through castle town, I would always walk out of the room until she told me it was okay to come back, they scared me very bad but in a way which was almost fun. It took so much courage for me to play the game myself all the way through, I still get a bit nervous when I go near the royal families grave...
We played the same character but I could see that it was her link. Her link wasn't scared of anything, he didn't hide from the re-deads or think twice about falling down big scary holes with.. big scary music... hahaha. My link took a long time to ever do any of that stuff. Maybe that's why the ghost came out just for me.
I do chase that feeling a lot now, scary things fascinate me and I'll search for them endlessly in any game I play. I wonder if she ever thinks about it too, scaring her little sister and making her truly believe that video games could have ghosts in them...
That's absurd really.
right...?
To be honest, I have trouble playing that game alone. I always feel like someone is watching me, I don't feel very alone playing it!
I haven't played it alone in years, Usually someone else is there so, maybe the ghost is shy. Maybe I should try that again, going back there alone. Maybe he wants to talk again.
I wonder if it was fated, it came to me. When I see it now, where all the things suddenly have a darker shade below them, and going just a bit further beyond what you see takes you somewhere really scary and unbelievable. Suddenly I'm grown up before I had the chance to, and courage was the only way forward. A gap which is sudden and confusing and where I want to walk out of the room and hide my face, pretend I don't see the scary thing.
I know she still thinks about it.
I thought she was so cool, she didn't like it when I did. I didn't know. I'm sorry.
I know there's a ghost there, he only comes out for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment